Traffic, Transportation and ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems)
Transportation infrastructure planning and management assumes top priority in sustaining the economic development and growth. Highly efficient and economic transport system is the pre-requisite for competitiveness of a city or a region. ICT has a team of highly competent transportation professionals with experience in urban and regional transportation planning and modelling, land use-transport modeling and transport policy evaluation, institutional development and capacity building of road agencies/authorities, transportation network design and analysis, high and medium capacity public transport systems planning, design for urban area traffic control and management, monitoring and evaluation of ITS implementation, network safety assessment, road safety audit, and safety campaign. The highly experienced team is equipped for iRAP assessments, and ICT is a listed accredited service supplier for iRAP projects (see iRAP Road Survey accreditation certificate - ICT India). The team also has extensive experience in urban/regional transport modeling and simulation methods for identification and evaluation of public transport and multi-modal corridors. The group has special expertise on ITS and GIS technologies for urban and regional transport planning and operations. Plans and designs are always contextual to the projects and made just appropriate for the problem in hand. Safety and economy in operation are considered as the foremost criteria for any and every transport system design recommendations.
ICT has in-house capability for most of the aspects of transport development in urban and regional settings. However, wherever required, we collaborate with our joint venture partners within India as well as from Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Germany and others to provide additional specialized requisite experiences. Thus, the services that can be provided are:
- Urban and regional transport planning/modelling and policy testing
- Master planning for state or regional road network
- Urban area network study/interchange/grade separation design, etc.
- Urban and regional transportation plan (including CTTS), i.e., CDP/CMP, etc.
- Traffic studies and forecast for EPC/Annuity/BOT/DBFO/PPP projects
- Traffic management/signalisation/signal coordination
- Micro-simulation modelling for urban traffic – motorized traffic, NMT and pedestrians
- Public/mass transport corridor planning for urban areas including BRTS
- Road safety audit, Safety Engineering, Safety Action Plan and Safety Campaign
- Complete range of iRAP assessment including data collection, Star Ratings, road designs, Safer Roads Investment Plans, and Implementation Support to the Road Authorities and Funding Agencies
- Monitoring and evaluation of implementation of ITS for public transport
- ITS and GIS technologies adoption for city planning & management and for corridor and city-wide transport system efficiency
- Institutional development and capacity building & training for road organizations/authorities
- Independent Engineer & Supervision Projects for Road / Airport / Port / Urban Infrastructure/Power/Irrigation/Water Resource