Mr. Kiran Kumar Kapila is the Chairman and Managing Director of Intercontinental Consultants and Technocrats Pvt Ltd. (ICT). Headquartered in New Delhi, ICT Group is an ISO 9001:2008 certified, multi-disciplinary firm of consultants having an international presence, providing comprehensive professional consultancy services, for all facets of infrastructure projects. ICT currently has presence in over 40 countries with a turnover of over Rs. 240 crores.
Mr. K.K. Kapila is a Chartered Civil Engineer and holds Fellowships of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Engineers of India, the International Association for Bridge & Structural Engineering and the New York Academy of Sciences. He was Vice-Chairman of the Indian National Group of the International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering Association of India and is the Past President of the Indian Building Congress. He was the Vice-President, Indian Roads Congress during 1991-92 and 1997-98 as well as a Member of its Highway Research Board. He was Staff Consultant to the Asian Development Bank during 1991-1992. He has been Vice-Chairman of Consultancy Development Centre set-up by DSIR, Government of India, New Delhi during 1997-1999, 2001-2003, 2003-2005 and 2006-2008, Member of Indian Geo-technical Society, and Member of Indian Institution of Urban Transport.
He is the first non-European serving Chairman, International Road Federation (IRF), Geneva Programme Centre since 2010. He is a member of the Executive Committee of International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) and Co-Chair of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) National Committee on Transport Infrastructure. He has also served the role of an "Engineer" as per FIDIC conditions of Contract for over 100 projects.
As a multi-talented personality, Mr. Kapila is a recipient of a large number of awards both national and international, which are a true recognition and reflection of his professional and entrepreneurial accomplishments.
Select list of Awards received by him are given below:
- "Century International Quality ERA Award" in the "Diamond Category" at the Business Initiative Directions (B.I.D.), Century International Quality ERA Convention held at Geneva, in March 2013.
- "The BIZZ Award" for World Leader Business Person in 2012 by World Confederation of Business.
- Special Recognition Award - 2011 "The Arch of Europe" for Quality and Technology in Gold Category by Business Initiative Directions (B.I.D.), Madrid, Spain
- Global Road Achievement Award – 2007 by International Road Federation (IRF)
- International Bentley awards for Design Excellence - 2005 by Bentley Systems Inc, USA, in the Civil Road Design Category
- "Who is Who of the World Award in 1999-2000" (USA Publication) and was conferred upon New Century Award as Member of "The GLOBAL 500" based upon his unique accomplishments and contribution to the Society by Barons Who’s Who (USA).
- World Life Time Achievement Awards for outstanding achievements in "Infrastructure Development" instituted by "The American Biographical Institute", United States of America in 2004.
- Man of the Year 2001 Award by the American Biographical Institute (ABI – USA) and it Board of International research, for outstanding accomplishment in year 2003.
- Medal and a Certificate for his contribution to the road sector in the world, in Nov 2011, on the occasion of the 20th Anniversary of Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), at Moscow, by President of Coordinating Committee of Business Centre of Economic Development-CIS.
- Awarded the Niryat Shree Trophy twice for Outstanding Exports in Consultancy Services
i) for 2009 – 10 by Honourable President of India on October 2012
ii) for 2000-01 by Vice President of India, in August 2003.
- National Award for Excellence in Consultancy Services by Consultancy Development Centre (CDC)
i) In 2000 for executing the First Comprehensive Road Project in Mongolia.
ii) In 2003 for Construction Supervision of Awash Arba-Gewane Section (Contract 2) of
Modjo-Awash-Mile Road Re habilitation Project in Ethiopia.
- Awarded with Vishwakarma Awards by Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC)
i) In 2012 for the category "Industry Doyen"
ii) In 2008 the SCROLL of Commendation as "Professionally Managed Company"
- Best Exporter – Services (Medium) at the ECGC - D&B Indian Exporters’ Excellence Awards 2012
- Pride of India Award on the occasion of "Pravasi Divas" by Indo-American Friendship Group on January 09, 2011.
- Meri Dilli Award 2010 for the best Professional Services on February 2011.
- STAR CEO OF THE YEAR (medium enterprises) Award in 2010 from Business Today and Yes Bank.
- Outstanding Engineering Consultant of the Year award during the "Business Sphere National Conclave" in 2008.
- Honored by Indian Society for Training and Development for Outstanding Contribution to Infrastructure Consultancy.
- Honored "Outstanding Contribution Award 2012" for Training, Skill upgradation and competence development in building industry at 18th Annual Convention by Indian Building Congress.